What we did this Half Term

This year, we’re very excited to be working with First Choice as Out of Office bloggers, which means we’ll be reviewing a bunch of holiday destinations during 2014, and sharing them with you all on our blog.

I know. It’s a tough life, some days, but we struggle on… (seriously, we fully appreciate how lucky we are to do the stuff we do).

This half term we kicked off our new role in style with a week-long trip to the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius. I’ll be posting in more detail about our travels but for now, I wanted to share some of my favourite images from the week.

I’ve a sneaky feeling it’s hard to take a bad photo in Mauritius.

Flea on Mauritius Long Beach

Flea on the beach at Long Beach Hotel

sunrise in Mauritius

A sunrise worth getting up early for.

parasailing in mauritius

There was parasailing.

mojito

A cheeky mojito? Don’t mind if I do.

sunset at Long Beach Mauritius

One of the most beautiful sunsets I’ve ever seen.

Mauritius tropical beach

Another day, another beautiful beach in Mauritius

If you’d like to see more photos, I’ve shared some of my favourites from the trip on Facebook.

Sally is a full-time blogger and founder of the HIBS100, Foodies100 and Tots100 - an online community of more than 15,000 UK bloggers. She is also a busy single Mum to Flea, the world's coolest eight year old.

Share:

1. 4th June 2014 / 12:52 pm

I followed your holiday on instagram and was SICK with jealousy, you lucky pair. I went to university at the island next door (La Réunion) for a few months and spent a couple of weeks in Mauritius so I know exactly how much beauty you were faced with. It’s a stunning place and the hotels are out of this world. Looking forward to reading more.

• 4th June 2014 / 10:41 pm

It’s such a gorgeous part of the world, isn’t it? I went to Mauritius almost 20 years ago myself, with Flea’s Dad, and it was amazing what memories this trip brought back – and nice to be able to share them with Flea, of course 🙂

• 4th June 2014 / 10:41 pm

Ah, it was a gorgeous trip with lots of fun memories.

• 4th June 2014 / 10:41 pm

Lucky you! hope you had a fabulous break too x

2. 4th June 2014 / 9:29 pm

I think you might be right about the photos. Maybe instead of my photography course I should just go to more gorgeous places! That sunset shot with Flea in the water is perfect!
    Actually Mummy… recently posted..A new family adventure has begun…My Profile

• 4th June 2014 / 10:44 pm

Honestly, it was beautiful – and most of the photos were taken with my Nokia Lumia phone, which I absolutely adore for simple photos that look pretty.

• 5th June 2014 / 9:20 am

Thanks Steph – it’s such a beautiful part of the world, isn’t it?

3. 4th June 2014 / 11:06 pm

Oh my….. STUNNING! Incredible photos! Look forward to reading more about your holiday x
    Lucie Aiston recently posted..From the heart…..My Profile

• 5th June 2014 / 9:21 am

Thanks Lucie 🙂

4. Jo Studholme
    5th June 2014 / 8:19 am

Wow just wow!

Already on my ‘must visit’ destinations (we love love love to travel)….didn’t realise in all honesty that ‘First Choice’ did such ‘upmarket’ holidays. #confession

• 5th June 2014 / 9:21 am

Ooh, yes, the hotel where we stayed – Long Beach – was absolutely immaculate, and the perfect place, I think, to explore Mauritius.