Go places. Do things.

I have a great job, I really do.

But one of the things about a job like mine is that there’s never peace. Or space. Pretty much 24/7, there’s someone with a question, a problem, or something that I could be doing.

So this Easter has been a chance to step away. To be with the most important people in my life, and – frankly – nobody else. To ignore emails and Facebook and Twitter and to seek out space and peace, and to get our knees as dirty as we possibly can.

I hope you’re having a wonderful break, too.

Easter Collage

(all these photos are snaps taken on my much loved Nokia Lumia 1020, which I was given to try out this year. If you want a decent camera on a phone, I can’t recommend it highly enough)

• 21st May 2014 / 10:47 pm

Thanks Donna, it was a fab break 🙂

1. 22nd April 2014 / 12:09 pm

So, who drew the short shoe cleaning straw…? Looks truly gorgeous. Glad you enjoyed. The quality on that final sunset shot is amazing.
    Ruth recently posted..(Un) healthy competitionMy Profile

• 21st May 2014 / 10:47 pm

I figured she’d grown out of the shoes… lazy? moi?

• 21st May 2014 / 10:48 pm

It’s a fabulous phone, isn’t it? I find myself taking the big camera out far less since I got it.

2. 22nd April 2014 / 6:56 pm

Damn right! Time spent doing stuff with my kids totally refreshes me these days, despite the fact that it’s far from lying on a beach reading a book. I think we’re lucky that they’re such a good age at the moment. Let’s make the most of them!
    Actually Mummy… recently posted..Wot so Funee? Our first wedding.My Profile

• 21st May 2014 / 10:48 pm

They are at the BEST age for having fun with, I totally agree.

3. 22nd April 2014 / 6:56 pm

I’m so glad you’ve had a lovely break Sally 🙂 and that camera phone looks brill!
    Emma recently posted..Living Arrows 16/52My Profile

• 21st May 2014 / 10:48 pm

Thanks emma – I do wholeheartedly recommend the Nokia Lumia – it’s amazing 🙂

4. Mrs Teepot
    24th April 2014 / 9:23 am

Sounds great and wow, they are awesome photos!

• 21st May 2014 / 10:49 pm

Aw, thanks 🙂

5. 24th April 2014 / 9:06 pm

You totally and UTTERLY deserve this time off lady!! I love your photos. I have been looking for a new camera…and need a new phone..hmmm, I may have to have a quick nosey at yours on Saturday. Your photos fit perfectly with my poem this week too 🙂
    Verily Victoria Vocalises recently posted..Prose for Thought – England.My Profile

• 21st May 2014 / 10:49 pm

Oh, you must have a play! You’ll love it.

6. 28th April 2014 / 1:54 pm

Absolutely gorgeous photos. I think you should be on the photography panel at Blog Camp next year! Know the feeling re. peace – switching things off and walking outside to do fun stuff is my favourite thing of the holidays.
    Molly recently posted..The No Junk Challenge starts hereMy Profile

• 21st May 2014 / 10:49 pm

I learned the very little I know from much smarter people at BlogCamp!