The one about Bottoms.

When you’re a parent, you get these moments.

You look at your child and you’re struck by how lucky you are to have them, how gorgeous they are, how every part of them represents this tiny miracle (this moment was not this morning at 8am when I woke up to find Flea standing over my bed, asking: “So Mummy, what’s going on with the hair this morning?”).

Still, when those moments do happen, I have been known to tell Flea that she has the greatest rear end in the whole world.

This explains why, in the middle of our holiday in Italy last week, I walked in on Flea doing this:

Flea

Her explanation? “I looked and I think you're right, Mummy. My bottom is outstanding.”

While I applaud her self-esteem, I do hope she’s never observed doing this in public.

Sally is a full-time blogger and founder of the Tots100, Trips100, Foodies100 and HIBS100 communities, along with the MAD Blog Awards. She spends a bit too much time on the Internet. She’s also a very happy Mum to Flea, the world’s coolest ten year old.

1. 1st June 2011 / 7:45 pm

She understands “outstanding” doesn’t she? She’s not just remarking that it juts out from her body? 😉

2. hatster
    1st June 2011 / 7:58 pm

My ‘little treasure’ has moved into a new phase. We used to threaten to ‘bite her bum’ if she didn’t cover it up when she was little. We now get ‘come-on, mummy/daddy, bite my bum’ as she charges around in public. Hmmmmmmm

3. 1st June 2011 / 9:58 pm

She’s fantastic! Bless her.
    I’ve accidently done something similar with Sam. I love his feet – absolutely adore them & play with them all the time, telling him how gorgeous his feet are. Now, whenever we go anywhere – shopping centre, friend’s house, in the car etc he takes his shoes & socks off and tells everyone ‘I took my socks off cos my feet are too beautiful’. And tries to make you smell them. Nice.

4. 2nd June 2011 / 7:58 pm

Baba tells me he has a gorgeous bum as it is squidgy not sure what to make of that comment really xx

5. 3rd June 2011 / 12:03 am

I nearly snorted my drink out onto the keyboard when I read what Flea said in bed!!
    What a cracker she is! 🙂 x

6. 3rd June 2011 / 9:54 pm

LOL. Yes, I think the proud stance indicates she knows what she’s saying 😉

7. 3rd June 2011 / 9:54 pm

Nice. You’d think as parents we’d think this sort of thing through before we say it, wouldn’t you?

8. 3rd June 2011 / 9:55 pm

Wow. You’ve got to hope he won’t still be doing that one when he’s older!

9. 3rd June 2011 / 9:55 pm

To be fair, kids’ bums are cute, in a way adults can’t quite manage…

10. Joanne
    7th June 2011 / 11:56 am

LOL. I’ve been told by my 5-year-old that I’m fat – now I know I’m no size 10 and have some of the baby weight from the 15 month old left to shift but that seemed cruel!

11. susie@newdaynewlesson