Welcome to Who’s the Mummy?

Flea1 Welcome to my new blog, all about me and my fantastic, feisty (nearly) four-year-old, Flea.

I could do a long introduction to our life, but some of you might know me from my previous blogging at Getting Ink or Totsy's Place. Besides, you'll pick up the important stuff as we go along.

I thought it would be far more useful to start with an inspired-by-Facebook list that will subtly reveal my personality. So here are five random true facts about Who's the Mummy?

1. Despite being 34, I have never owned an iron, ironing board or sewing kit. Seriously, life's too short.
  2. I don't think television gets any better than The Gilmore Girls – although True Blood comes close.
  3. I live in England's whitest, straightest town. Many of my neighbours seem to find this an advantage, but I find it a bit spooky, really. I wonder if there's a shed at the back of the Conservative Club where they keep all the gays, ethnic minorities and socialists.
  4. I know people like to moan about their jobs, but mine (journalism) is fantastic. It's just the clients that are a nightmare.
  5. I once dated someone who had four nipples. I know this isn't strictly speaking a fact about me, but I still consider it was worth sharing.

1. 13th July 2009 / 12:39 pm

Hello,
    Looking forward to reading more of your new blog and hearing more about Flea.
    Good luck and happy writing.
    jo

2. 13th July 2009 / 1:05 pm

Thanks guys.
    Nixdminx – I have to say, they formed *whispers* a perfect square. Fact.

3. 13th July 2009 / 1:15 pm

Hi,
    Thanks!
    I’m going to update the buttons over the weekend. I looked at the HTML this morning, thought about it, and decided to leave it for another time. It’s just not wise to tackle too much on a Monday, is it?

4. 13th July 2009 / 1:55 pm

And there I was thinking I had lived on the edge having dated someone with three nipples…but 4??? Way to go…
    Am with you on the ironing…NEVER will my house be darkened by speaking of the subject.
    And as for your town – come back to Brighton. You know you want to!!!
    Great blog – I look forward to reading more xx

5. Happy Mum
    13th July 2009 / 2:32 pm

4 nipples!! Wow that is amazing :))
    Love your new blog and look forward to the rest… are we going to have the full story about the 4 nipples?!

6. 13th July 2009 / 2:32 pm

Hi there! Love the name of your blog.
    I haven’t been out with anyone with more than two nipples, but my ex had two heads. Does that count?!

7. 13th July 2009 / 2:43 pm

@SandyCalico – I think it sort of counts, definitely.
    @HappyMum – apparently some people are just extra blessed in that department.

8. 13th July 2009 / 6:59 pm

Forgot to say…er YES to the blogroll. Have added you to mine xx

9. 13th July 2009 / 7:39 pm

Oh brilliant, thanks – I’ll add you today
    x

10. 14th July 2009 / 6:26 am

Welcome! Your new blog looks amazing. Looking forward to reading more!

11. Wadds
    14th July 2009 / 9:37 pm

Sally – This is wonderful. Much more fun and interesting than social media or tech nonsense. What took you so long? I’m off now to explore the Dad’s blogs genre. What do you reckon. Wadds x

12. 14th July 2009 / 9:06 pm

Hiya,
    Just saw your post on British Mum Bloggers and thought I would pop over to say hello. Your header is adorable by the way. I’m not a mummy blogger but I am the mum of a Brit and I blog about Great Britain where I lived for a few years. Don’t know if that qualifies me for a listing but here are my details just in case. Best wishes for your success.
    Melissa

13. 14th July 2009 / 9:17 pm

@Brits in Bosnia – I think I added you, thanks for the add in return x
    @Melissa, yes you definitely qualify, I’ll be sure to add you to the mix next time around.
    (also I’m glad you like the header – thanks!)

14. 14th July 2009 / 9:58 pm

Wadds – Social media – nonsense? What heresy is this? Wash your mouth out…
    You’re quite right though, this is much more fun, I hope it’ll work out and not degenerate into evidence for a social services investigation.
    You’d be an *ace* Dad blogger, I bet.

15. 15th July 2009 / 11:22 am

Actually, that’s very spooky – I lived in Brighton for seven years and am hoping to move back there if I can. (keep your fingers crossed – I miss Brighton like mad!)

16. 4little1s
    16th July 2009 / 9:47 am

Great blog, have only just discovered it, what have I missed ? – will be checking in and like what have read so far

17. 16th July 2009 / 9:57 am

Well, you’ve missed the big opening with the four nippled man, and the scrap, but I’m sure things won’t get any more dignified from here on in…

18. 16th July 2009 / 4:25 pm

I love the Gilmore Girls. I didn’t discover it until last year and then E4 kindly showed every episoide, 1 a day. Perfect. I have not seen True Blood, one to watch?

19. 16th July 2009 / 6:11 pm

@Dancinfairy – Gilmore Girls is perfection. I have all 7 seasons on DVD, it’s perfect viewing when you’re feeling a bit low, or on rainy afternoons.
    True Blood is a bit like Twilight, with added sex and profanity. Definitely worth a watch.

20. Liz Jarvis
    17th July 2009 / 10:13 pm

Sally I love that you’ve never owned an iron – I have one that’s still in its box, and an ironing board that takes up far too much room in the cupboard under the stairs. I’m definitely a non-iron girl!
    Lizx
    (my blog is LivingwithKids)