Everything you wanted to know about me and Flea – by Flea

Flea's drawing of Flea and Mummy It's been a week since we launched our new blog, and we're so excited – over 1,000 visitors! Amazing.

I feel a responsibility to be entertaining now I know I have an audience, but since I had a child, I figure I can leave that sort of thing mostly to her.

So, I canvassed Flea today on the things we should tell our readers about us.

I hope you'll agree we covered all the major bases, including this wonderful illustration of Flea and Mummy, by Flea. I should point out – my hair does NOT look like that.

Our names: Aiden the Monster  and Sally (Flea has been going by the name of Aiden since last December. Does anyone else's kid do this?)

Our ages: 3 and 22 (in case I didn’t mention it yet, I love my kid)

What we want for our birthdays: Mummy wants a new car because she was driving fast and broke our black car and now she doesn't like the car we have because it is green. I want loads of things, but mostly I want a monkey that I saw on the floor yesterday. I think someone dropped it off a trampoline.

Our Best Friends: Peter and Thomas. Peter helps me do things that are hard, and Thomas is kind. Sometimes at school I play with Joshua and Aidan and Max and Charlie, but now it is the holidays.

We like to eat: Biscuits. But we like every sort of thing to eat.

We don’t like to eat: tomatoes, salad, mushrooms. Mummy doesn’t like things that are disgusting like pretend cheese and pepperami.

Our favourite game: Pirates. One of you is a pirate and the other one is a tiger. The tiger has to say “RAAAH” and then he squishes the pirate. That’s how you play.

What we want to do as a job: Mummy works on a computer, and I want to be a pirate, a knight or a burglar.

Our favourite toy: Mummy likes her iPod but my favourite is my Skeleton figures.

What makes us happy: I make Mummy happy and she makes me happy.

What makes us sad: When someone is naughty and they break something. Or if a puppy ate our biscuit.

What makes us cross: People who steal money from monkeys. (what???)

1. 17th July 2009 / 10:57 am

I love this – I did it with my two as well. And my youngest also thought I was 3. Too cute (love her)!! There’s an award for you at mine btw x

2. Carrie
    17th July 2009 / 11:04 am

Flea is adorable. Nearly cried at “I make Mummy happy and she makes me happy”. And then laughed at puppies eating biscuits. Pesky puppies. They lure you in with their cuteness.

3. 17th July 2009 / 1:49 pm

Super cute – i especially like the fact Flea wants to be a pirate, knight or burglar so funny 🙂

4. 17th July 2009 / 2:07 pm

I particulaly loved the surreal last answer. Have you been putting something strange into Flea’s breakfast cereal?

5. 17th July 2009 / 3:09 pm

Loving the aspirations to be a burglar! The answers are so cute. I love the way kids think.

6. 17th July 2009 / 5:45 pm

@Carrie – I know! the “Mummy makes me happy” line wasn’t even prompted either. Although when I asked her again today what made her happy, she said “dinosaurs” so you know, it comes and goes, obviously!
    As for the final answer – really – no idea where that came from. Kids have a natural surreal outlook, don’t they?

7. Amanda
    17th July 2009 / 6:54 pm

Oooh I must do this with my kids!!! Check my blog tomorrow. They’re in bed now.
    Maybe I should have been a burglar when I grew up. Sounds like a fantastic ambition!

8. 17th July 2009 / 7:59 pm

Poor monkeys, what can be done?

9. 17th July 2009 / 8:31 pm

Great post! I have a child who loves monkeys too. Not sure how one managed to fall off a trampoline! How funny that he is considering being a burglar!!!!

10. 17th July 2009 / 8:46 pm

@Rosie – Flea is a girl! Yes, I know you wouldn’t know it from her answers. She *so* wants to be a boy that she’s only answered to the name Aiden for the last eight months.

11. 17th July 2009 / 10:30 pm

I love this, I can’t wait for mine to start talking 🙂

12. 18th July 2009 / 9:55 am

I always love your interviews… I can’t wiat for mine to be old enough for me to blatantly steal this blog idea !!!

13. 18th July 2009 / 10:46 am

Thanks – kids always make great interviewees, don’t they?

14. 19th July 2009 / 9:49 pm

I love those answers! Biscuits are definitely the best things to eat…